- Prepare a visit plan with defined LCO personnel roles and dates as well as work locations and equipment requirements.
- Site Staff review of plan to coordinate local staffing requirements and backups where possible.
- Full vaccination confirmed for all visitors.
- Obtain Mobility Pass for all visitors.
- Submit all travel plans including the desire to have optional access in bubble mode at least a week in advance.
- LCO safety officer will send in advance copies of the current protocols to comply with in relation to Covid-19 as well as driving authorization on the site (if desired).
- All requirements to enter Chile (and LCO) as found in the following LCO web page link and links therein.
- PCR test upon entering the country – negative result
- *After 3 days antigen test negative result -> access to site in LCO transport and work with local staff
- After 7 days an additional antigen test will be administered requiring a negative result.
Any visitor with a positive test: LCO isolation and/or transfer to isolation in El Pino – 7-day quarantine
* OPTIONAL in the first 3 days following entry: Access to LCO in ‘ bubble mode’
- Transportation to the site in transport contracted by LCO with the company “Sol de Valle” or in other private transport contracted by visitors.
- Room block assignment in isolation for 3 days (Requires meal delivery to rooms)
- Restricted work area assignment in isolation for 3 days
All communications associated with any desired international visit to the observatory should be by email to email@example.com with copies to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.