Magellan 1 - Baade Telescope - Instruments f/11
The Inamori Magellan Areal Camera and Spectrograph (IMACS) is a very versatile wide-field imager and multi-object spectrograph.
- Specs -
A wide field near-infrared camera undergoing commissioning at Baade NASE platform.
- Specs -
The FIRE (Folded port InfraRed Echellette) spectrograph is a moderate resolution near-infrared echellette.
The MagE (Magellan Echellette) Spectrograph is a moderate-resolution optical echellette.
Magellan II - Clay Telescope - Instruments f/11
The Magellan Inamori Kyocera Echelle (MIKE) is a high-throughput double echelle spectrograph.
The Low Dispersion Survey Spectrograph (LDSS-3) is a high efficiency, wide-field multislit spectrograph.
Magellan II - Clay Telescope - Instruments f/5
- MEGACAM - 2016B campaign 26 Sep - 05 Oct
Megacam is a large mosaic CCD camera with a 24' x 24' field-of-view. The camera uses 36 2048 x 4608 pixel CCDs with a scale of 0.08"/pixel. Megacam is operated in campaign mode at the f/5 CASS focus.
Magellan II - Clay Telescope - MagAO f/16
- MagA0 2016B campaign Engineering run only 04-20 November - no science run in 2016B
Magellan Adaptive Optics system (VisAO and CLIO2 [still awaiting detector upgrade]). Continuing commissioning and science operations.
- - The Planet Finding Spectrograph is supported as a P.I. instrument that can be installed in place of MIKE at the Clay NASE platform.
- M2FS - The Michigan/Magellan Fiber Spectrograph is a P.I. instrument that can be installed in the place of MIKE at the Clay NASE platform. (P.I. Mario Mateo)
- PISCO - A simultaneous multi band visible imager is a P.I. instrument that can be installed in the place of MIKE at the Clay NASE platform. (P.I. Tony Stark)