Requesting Engineering Time Policy
- In order to better organize engineering runs with the Magellan Telescopes, the following guidelines have been established for requesting engineering time:
- 1. All requests for routine engineering time must be made in writing and sent to ENGINEERING at LCO dot CL at least two months in advance of the proposed engineering work. Requests for emergency engineering time should also be sent to the same email address.
- 2. All requests for engineering time must include information on the hardware/software/personnel required to carry out the engineering. A detailed schedule of the engineering activities is also required.
- 3. Except in cases of emergencies, any new required hardware/software must be functional and tested (to the extent possible) at least one month before the requested engineering run. Allowances must also be made for shipping time to Chile, which is typically 2 weeks.
- 4. Final scheduling of engineering time will be made on site during regular monthly engineering meetings. When possible, the schedule will be posted at least 4 weeks in advance on the Baade and Clay telescope engineering calendars.