Magellan 1 - Baade Telescope - Instruments f/11
The Inamori Magellan Areal Camera and Spectrograph (IMACS) is a very versatile wide-field imager and multi-object spectrograph.
The 2014B IMACS mask submission deadline is still 6 weeks prior to your awarded observing time. Early semester observers are requested to submit masks ASAP and every effort will be made to have masks installed for your run..
A wide field near-infrared camera undergoing commissioning at Baade NASE platform.
- - [Note: The He CrycCompressor Cooling system for the detectors is failing to maintain temperature consistently at desired temperature range. An engineering intervention is anticipated in the 2014B semester]
The FIRE (Folded port InfraRed Echellette) spectrograph is a moderate resolution near-infrared echellette.
Magellan II - Clay Telescope - Instruments f/11
The Magellan Inamori Kyocera Echelle (MIKE) is a high-throughput double echelle spectrograph.
The MagE (Magellan Echellette) Spectrograph is a moderate-resolution optical echellette.
The Low Dispersion Survey Spectrograph (LDSS-3) is a high efficiency, wide-field multislit spectrograph.
The 2014B LDSS3 mask submission deadline is still 6 weeks prior to your awarded observing time. Early semester observers are requested to submit masks ASAP and every effort will be made to have masks installed for your run.
Magellan II - Clay Telescope - Instruments f/5
- MEGACAM - 2014B campaign 17-27 October
Megacam is a large mosaic CCD camera with a 24' x 24' field-of-view. The camera uses 36 2048 x 4608 pixel CCDs with a scale of 0.08"/pixel. Megacam is operated in campaign mode at the f/5 CASS focus.
- - 2014B campaign 05-15 October
MMIRS is a JHK imager and multislit spectrograph employing a 2048 by 2048 pixel Hawaii-2 array and is operated in campaign mode at the f/5 CASS focus.
The 2014B MMIRS mask submission deadline is 15 August 2014 in order to allow 6 weeks for production and delivery prior to the start of the MMIRS campaigns on 05 October 2014.
Magellan II - Clay Telescope - MagAO f/16
- MagA0 2014B campaign 30 October - 03 December
Magellan Adaptive Optics system (VisAO and CLIO2 [still awaiting detector upgrade]). Continuing commissioning and science operations in 2014B.
- - The Planet Finding Spectrograph is supported as a P.I. instrument that can be installed in place of MIKE at the Clay NASE platform.
- M2FS - The Michigan/Magellan Fiber Spectrograph is a P.I. instrument that can be installed in the place of MIKE at the Clay NASE platform. (P.I. Mario Mateo)